The key features of this new facility will include:
• Fully accessible building to meet new Access standards
• New learning and support environment to cater to the newly-designed curriculum-based approach to learning
• Fully accredited industrial kitchen supporting completion of certificate level training
• New information and communication technology resources
• Upgrade of current Australian Disability Enterprise ‘Kui Nursery’.
“St Laurence is committed through investment to offering the Colac community the most innovative and comprehensive services throughout South–west Victoria for people with a disability.”
Toby oConnor CEO, St Laurence
We need your help
St Laurence needs your help to complete this refurbishment project. We are committed to providing a unique person centred approach that is tailored to meet the needs of the individual.
Using a newly designed curriculum-based approach to learning, known as MyPATH, we are achieving better outcomes for people. MyPATH creates pathways to new and different learning experiences, which can progress to accredited training and employment opportunities.
We are seeking community support to help raise $100,000 to purchase specialised equipment.
Your donations will contribute to purchase of equipment including
• The latest specialised mobility aids including a ceiling hoist
• Upgraded, fully accessible information technology equipment
• Electric lift recliners to enable people to increase mobility whilst maintaining independence and supporting personal care needs
• Accessible, adjustable learning stations which will enhance the learning environment and improve the well-being of participants.
“Consumers will be able to access facilities that offer new opportunities to expand their knowledge. These facilities will assist us in preparing people with disabilities to gain supported employment or undertake further educational and vocational training in order to reach their goals.”
Ellen Wade Staff Member, St Laurence
Donate today at http://www.stlaurence.org.au/donate/default.aspx, or contact Holly Kercheval on (03) 5231 5327.